Tuesday 16 February 2016

Baking in 2021 with candy snacks

It may be 2021 but we are all better bakers and cookers after the insane illegal lockdowns.  One of the things that have kept me busy last year during the lockdowns of COVID-19 was to learn to bake better. The experience has allowed me to now be on a great schedule for health because I cook all my own food and it is much better than buying pre-packaged junk.  I am a big fan of food and find it comforting in times of trouble and hardship.  But there is a line of health and being able to know what you are eating is great.  This year has bee troubling for our country and my family has suffered from this big pandemic as well.  One thing that seems to keep us together though is being able to share a fantastic snack together.  The snack that I love to make is a chocolate Recee cupcake mix.  It is a giant bowl of goodness that has been a wonderful boost to our family time together.  So I want to go through the process of getting what you need and putting it all together so you can bake some joy into your daily life.  

Shopping is really key.  Don't be afraid the virus is mostly just a hard flu.  You will live so don't be afraid.  Now that that is over, go and get all the ingredients that you will need. I suggest first going online and finding all your local regulations for the shopping you will need.  Sounds insane but we live in a totalitarian society now. Each state and county has its own rules and regulations to follow but generally, just grab a mask and go out and get ready to shop.  You will need to head to the cake aisle and find a good chocolate cake mix.  I suggest getting two different boxes of your favorite box cake mix.  Then go and get two bowls of cool whip or the equivalent.  YOu will also need to grab some chocolate pudding.  I suggest to big boxes of chocolate pudding.  NOw for my favorite part.  Go and grab your favorite candy boxes from the candy aisle.  Now instead of just plane candy boxes of whatever I like to get Recce Cups.  I think that goes really well with my family's taste buds.  Now if you don't have a giant popcorn bowl go get one.



When you are ready then you need to preheat the oven to 375 and bake your cake mixes in two pans just like the directions tell you.  Once those are done you can mix your pudding together.  That is something I add to the same big bowl and I find that separating them out is not important.  Remember though that on the cake mix you may need to get an egg to go in the mix.  Otherwise, it is usually just water.  Now for your candy take it and chop it up into small pieces and you will end up sprinkling it into the cake later.  But remember you want them in bite-size pieces.  That is because you will want to make them in a size you like to eat with a cake and pudding so do what you like.


Now take the cake when it is done and cut it into small pieces.  Then you can may a layer of it in the giant popcorn bowl.  Once the base is covered you will still have lots of cake leftover.  That is ok you are going to layer it in later.  Now take the pudding and do a nice layer on top of the cake.  Layer is all up and keep on going. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ecommerce packages got you down?

 The rise and fall of our economy have put our whole country in a new shopping trend.  This year has been the year of eCommerce.  The statis...